The Postgraduate Students' Association (PGSA) is an academic association for all postgraduate students at the University of Cape Town. It aims to foster an active, vibrant and diverse postgraduate culture that will contribute towards making the university a world-class research-driven institution.
- greater participation in student governance
- improved administration of postgraduate affairs
- increased access to information, and physical and financial resources
- better supervision, assessment and examination
- greater social and academic interaction amongst postgraduate students
- improved communication with postgraduate students
The PGSA represents postgraduates at faculty-level in the form of postgraduate councils and at university-level as an executive committee. These structures participate actively in various faculty and university decision-making bodies.
For more information regarding your PGSA representative, contact the Student Representative Council (SRC), or: