Answers to common queries relating to fees rules can be found below:
Who determines fees?
Fees are determined by the university Council and are subject to revision without notice.
What does the tuition fee cover?
The annual academic fee is fixed to cover:
- the registration fee
- all charges for classes and laboratories
- ordinary university examinations
- library use
- compulsory personal accident insurance
- use of general sporting facilities
- in the case of medical students, hospital fees for clinical instruction.
This fee does not cover subscriptions to clubs and societies. The tuition fees vary according to the courses chosen.
When do I need to pay tuition fees and how much do I need to pay?
View the fee and payment due requirements for local and international students.
For a breakdown of amounts payable, refer to Terms of Payment Section 1.1 in the Student Fees Handbook.
What are the tuition fees for the programme or course I am interested in/registered for?
The fee varies according to the courses selected.
For a total cost of of fees, refer to the relevant section in the Student Fees Handbook, and calculate the total cost of the chosen courses.
What if I can't work out the fee amount to be paid?
If a fee payer is unsure of the amount to be paid, then the initial payment should be paid by the due date and any overpayment will be refunded after registration.
Can I have an outstanding balance on my fees account at the end of an academic year?
While students are permitted to have outstanding balances, they:
- will not be permitted to graduate
- will not receive their examination results
- will not receive an academic transcript
- will not be permitted to re-register for the following year
- will not be permitted to register for Summer Term programmes which start in the next academic year
- will have any offer of a place in residence cancelled on 17 January 2021.
Will I be charged interest?
The university charges interest monthly on outstanding balances at 1%. Given that the final fee payment date is 30 June, interest is charged on 31 July and at the end of each succeeding month at the ruling rate on outstanding balances as at that day.