The annual UCT Open Day is aimed at high school learners in Grades 10, 11 and 12, their families and teachers. Due to restrictions necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic, the event was hosted virtually in 2021 and 2022.
This event presents an ideal opportunity to explore the vast range of undergraduate study options that UCT offers.
The opportunity to get information about the different academic programmes and what they involve is absolutely vital to making the best study choices.
Faculties, academic departments and support departments participate in this event, and activities include:
- lectures by academic members of staff from the various faculties
- information about financial assistance
- virtual residence tours and information about some of the facilities offered on campus.
The 2021 Virtual Open Day presentations are available on the UCT Admissions YouTube channel.
UCT Student Recruitment Office also offers the following services to prospective students via online platforms:
- school talks to Grade 11 and 12 learners
- Grade 9 subject-choice talks
- assistance with the application procedure
- provision of application forms
- individual interview with applicants (and their families where requested).
To book your appointment for an individual interview, please contact Michelle Roodt at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 021 650 4556.