Online Communications (OC) provides UCT community support for websites and web development.
OC is responsible for
- development and maintenance of the main UCT site, as well as the Staff and Students sites
- administration of the site content managers
- updating (but not sourcing) content on those areas of the sites which have no content managers assigned to them
OC oversees all UCT websites to ensure compliance with web policy.
Before embarking on any web development please consult Online Communications or the ICTS website for more information on web policy and the website options that are available to staff and students. Note that all UCT websites must be hosted in the official UCT web content management system (Drupal).
OC consults on:
- website design
- website navigation
- web standards and policy
- system or website issues
OC responsibilities do not include:
- support for databases not designed by OC
- copywriting or copy-editing
- sourcing or updating content for websites, including those sections of the main UCT website which have content managers assigned to them
- the White Pages
- domain name registration
- student sites
- assistance with:
- email queries and support
- network log-in problems
- online student administrative systems such as PeopleSoft
- hardware issues
- software issues
- web server access issues.
For assistance with the above contact the ICTS Helpdesk.