Third-party access cards are issued to all permanent or temporary third parties working at UCT for periods of up to 6 months. They must be supported by one of the following members of staff:
- head of department of academic departments
- director/head of department of administrative and support departments
- the relevant dean.
Third parties can be defined as:
- employees of contractors undertaking outsourcing functions such as catering, campus security, cleaning, grounds and gardens
- employees of agencies such as the National Research Foundation (NRF) and Medical Research Council (MRC)
- independent contractors
- medium- to long-term visitors who are neither staff (whether honorary or remunerated) nor students
- commercial tenants leasing university premises for private use.
To apply for a third-party access, please complete an Application for the registration of third-party identification and associated access to UCT resources BAS03 form.