Access to SAP depends on you attending and completing SAP training.
- Go to the Information and Communication Technology Services (ICTS) website's SAP section.
- Download the relevant application form (see table below), fill it in and have it signed by your Head of Department and the Finance Manager for your area.
- Send the application form to the relevant office by the 20th of the month preceding the training month.
- You will receive an email confirming your course booking, venue and dates.
Any user who does not log on to SAP for a period of 2 months will be expired. Expirations are carried out at the beginning of each month. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to be unexpired or unlocked.
There are 3 SAP financial reporting modules at UCT:
- Funds Management (FM) focuses on funds and is used for external reporting to donors and funders. It can also be used for internal reporting according to the source of funding. It is the SAP module that contains budget management and availability control.
- Controlling (CO) is mainly used to provide detailed financial planning and reporting against plans for internal financial management. Monthly activity charges can be run based on the agreed cost-drivers of students, staff, research and space. A comparison of the CO plan and actual reports are submitted monthly to Central Finance and form the basis of reports to the University Finance Committee (UFC) and Council.
- Financial Accounting (FI) provides an overview of UCT and is used for legal reporting by Central Finance.