Internal approval is split between Application-stage approval and Contract-stage approval forms:
Application-stage approvals are completed when a researcher is applying for a research grant. They consist of:
- Proposal approval forms (for full applications and preliminary applications that require a budget breakdown)
- South African Medical Research Council Self-Initiated Research Grants Approval form
- Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Approval form
Contract-stage approvals are applicable when a researcher is awarded a research contract from a funder or arising from a commissioned/consultancy/industry-led contract that did not go through an application-stage approval process.
- How-to guide
- Final Faculty Approvers
- Definitions of roles on eRA pre-awards
- Definitions of salary sources for the Person Effort tab
Managing your grant applications and approvals via eRA
For a visual, step-by-step and interactive PDF guide of how to manage your grant applications and approvals via the eRA System, click here or on the image to the left.