- UCT has its own bus service called the UCT Shuttle that:
- is available to UCT students and staff (if you show your valid staff or student card)
- runs weekdays, weekends and holidays, both during term time and over vacations
- includes a late-night service
- has route maps and timetables available on the staff and students sites, as well as on the UCT Mobile App.
- Golden Arrow buses are easily accessible from Main Road, Rondebosch, and the UCT Shuttle stops in Claremont and Mowbray.
View fares, timetables and routes.
- MyCiTi integrates with the UCT Shuttle at the Gardens station in Buitenkant Street. From here you can travel to:
- the city centre
- Salt River
- Table View
- Century City
- the West Coast
- Mitchells Plain
- Hout Bay.
View routes of the feeder services in these areas.
Minibus taxis pick up and drop off passengers along virtually every main route in the city. The Mowbray and Claremont UCT Shuttle stops are a few steps away from minibus taxi hubs, and there are multiple stops near some UCT residences.
Cape Town’s rail service fans out across the city. The southern line stops at Mowbray, Observatory, Rosebank and Rondebosch stations – all within walking distance of UCT’s lower, middle and upper campuses.
View fare details and timetables.