eResearch offers a series of seminars run through the Emerging Researcher Programme (ERP). These training seminars are reserved for UCT staff only, and geared for emerging and early-career researchers.
Previous ERP seminars
Find out how eResearch can help you throughout the research data lifecycle – from preparing your proposal to publishing your results – with our training seminars.
Download the presentations from previous eResearch-focused ERP seminars below:
- Cybersecurity and data protection, Jamiela Dawood and Ghamza Jacobs.
- An outline of eResearch services at UCT, Renate Meyer.
- Digital scholarship and data management, Sanjin Muftic.
- High performance computing, Timothy Carr.
- Data storage and collaboration platforms, Ashley Rustin.
- What is eResearch by Renate Meyer, eResearch Analyst, UCT eResearch.
- Research landscape analysis by Glynis Johnson, Principal Librarian, UCT Libraries.
- Digital scholarship and your data by Sanjin Muftic, Digital Scholarship Specialist, UCT Libraries.
- Authorship and ethics: what to expect from the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) by Lyn Horn, Manager Office of Research Integrity, Research Office.
- Telling your research story: science communication at UCT by Natalie Simon, Senior Communications Officer, Research Office.
- Central infrastructure that meets your needs by Heine de Jager, Senior Technical Specialist, ICTS.
- What is eResearch: An introduction to the services available throughout the research lifecycle from proposal to publication.
- Open science – is this for me? Explore novel research practices to increase your research visibility and the global pace of innovation.
- Useful storage options and research tools: Experiment with available tools and services that make research easier.
- How to keep your research safe: Learn how to apply best practice in cybersecurity to protect and safely share your research data.