The OIC is engaged with:
- Developing, reviewing and steering policy implementation.
- Student capacity building (peer education workshops for students).
- Transformation capacity building services for staff and between staff and students.
- Advising the campus community in matters of discrimination, sexual harassment, harassment, domestic violence and rape.
- Providing a survivor support-centred approach in incidences of sexual assault, rape and violence.
- Curriculum and research relating to decoloniality, inclusion and marginalisation in teaching and learning.
- Case management, mediation and training.
- Supporting institutional approaches to transformation and related communication campaigns and awareness events.
- Coordinating the university's diversity programme.
- Providing a disability service that reduces stigma and increases accessibility in the academic and social life at UCT.
- Mapping the university's response to transformation initiatives and inclusion.
- Research and programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Networking with other institutions to establish good practice, generate knowledge and contribute to innovations in the higher education sector.