When you have your data, you are most likely working with a team to analyse that data set. There are a range of tools for collaborating and sharing data as well as a range of computing facilities for all research requirements
- Software-based video conferencing at UCT:
- Vidyo: a video conferencing platform managed through the Tertiary Education and Research Network of South Africa. Vidyo allows for many participants from remote environments without sacrificing quality.
- Mconf: the South African National Research and Education Network web conferencing service.
- Microsoft teams: a cloud-based team collaboration software that is part of the Office 365 suite of applications.
- Slack: cloud-based set of team collaboration tools and services.
- Trello: a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards.
- Redmine: a free and open source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool.
- Ilfu: a big-data infrastructure for data-intensive research to support South African researchers in the strategic science domains of astronomy and bioinformatics.
- UCT High-performance computing facility
- Servers: contact us to install a server for your research group or department.
- Virtual machines: contact us to set up a virtual machine for your research group or department.
Log a call to speak to our eResearch analyst about these and other services.
Costs of services
See Service and Infrastructure Costs page to cost your requirements.