This course is aimed at postgraduate students (Masters and Ph.D.), researchers, and officials in state agencies wanting to analyse social surveys using Stata.
The course will
- Outline the theory of weighting, clustering and stratification,
- Discuss how social surveys are practically implemented in South Africa,
- Introduce the survey analysis tools available in Stata,
- Explain how to get estimates from sample surveys that are representative of the population,
- Show how to calculate the correct standard errors for such estimates.
Prerequisites: Course participants should be familiar with Stata and with basic statistical tools (such as regression analysis). Don't know Stata? Have a look at our Introduction to Stata course.
Date: 13 to 17 Feburary 2017
Venue: Alumni Lab 1, Commerce Building, Upper Campus, University of Cape Town
Course Instructors: Cally Ardington, Professor in SALDRU, Martin Wittenberg, Professor in the School of Economics at UCT and Director of DataFirst.
Course Fees: The cost of the course is R 13 000.00. Partial scholarships are available to bona fide students and academics.
Closing Date: Online Application is open.