Sign-up now: Understanding Complex Social Survey Data
This course is aimed at postgraduate students (Masters and Ph.D.), researchers, and officials in state agencies wanting to analyse social surveys using Stata.
The course will
- Outline the theory of weighting, clustering and stratification,
- Discuss how social surveys are practically implemented in South Africa,
- Introduce the survey analysis tools available in Stata,
- Explain how to get estimates from sample surveys that are representative of the population,
- Show how to calculate the correct standard errors for such estimates.
Prerequisites: Course participants should be familiar with Stata and with basic statistical tools (such as regression analysis). Don't know Stata? Have a look at our Introduction to Stata course.
Date: 13 to 17 Feburary 2017
Venue: Alumni Lab 1, Commerce Building, Upper Campus, University of Cape Town
Course Instructors: Cally Ardington, Professor in SALDRU, Martin Wittenberg, Professor in the School of Economics at UCT and Director of DataFirst.
Course Fees: The cost of the course is R 13 000.00. Partial scholarships are available to bona fide students and academics.
Closing Date: Online Application is open.