Funds may only be used for authorised educational costs incurred during the period of your studies.
Authorised educational costs include:
- tuition fees – in accordance with your programme of study
- faculty International Term Fee (ITF) – in accordance with your programme of study
- international administrative fee – R4 700
- books and stationery – R7 000 per year, as per fee booklet
- equipment/fieldwork – R3 500 per year, as per fee booklet (documentation needed to justify a higher amount)
- accommodation – up to R7 000 per month for off-campus housing or total on-campus accommodation fee
- meals – R5 000 per month
- miscellaneous/living expenses – R3 000 per month
- plane ticket to school and back home
- to purchase a computer/laptop – invoice/details to be provided
- medical insurance – R480 per month
- transportation costs – R2 000 per month
- dependant child care – documentation to be provided for the cost of the child care only during class times
- origination fee.
Unauthorised costs include:
- leasing and purchasing of a vehicle
- expenses covering the family.
You may apply for a Cost of Attendance (COA) adjustment based on additional expenses which are directly related to the cost of their education. Professional judgement will be used for excessive educational expenses or dependency care.
All professional judgement applications must include supporting documentation such as, but not limited to, receipts, travel logs, etc. Approval by your faculty supervisor is needed to support the application.
Only applications submitted with supporting evidence will be considered when applying for additional funding.